Thursday 19 June 2014

Tutorial - Alcohol Spray Inks

Well as promised in my last post here is the tutorial for making your own.....

.........Alcohol Spray Inks........

What You Will Need:


- Rubbing Alcohol
- Spray Bottles (I use Ranger Mini Misters)
- Distress Reinkers
-Paper Towel
- Gloves to protect your hands.


Firstly put some paper towel down to protect the surface you are working on. Then depending on how big your spray bottles are and how vibrant you want your colours to come out, you will put your desired amount of Distress Reinker Ink into your spray bottles. Like I mentioned I used mini misters so I used 2 eye droppers full of color.


Then carefully fill the remainder of the bottle with rubbing alcohol. Just remember to not fill all the way to the top, or you will get spillage........


And, there you have it......... simple really. The colors I used were:

- Dusty Concord
- Peacock Feathers
- Fired Brick
- Spiced Marmalade
- Mowed Lawn
- Mustard Seed


This is how bright and vibrant they are when sprayed onto watercolour paper. One of the easiest things you can make. 

As an alternative you could use food coloring instead of Distress Reinkers, and for a shimmer effect just add Perfect Pearls or for a cheaper alternative Powdered Eyeshadow.

Well thats all from me for now..............


No comments:

Post a Comment